Kripalu Healthy Living, in collaboration with the National Parkinson Foundation, offers this unique program taught by a leading disorder neurologist, Parkinson’s specialists, and senior Kripalu faculty.
Are you or someone you love living with Parkinson’s disease? Learn the latest information on research, medication, and lifestyle changes that can improve the quality of life for you and your loved ones.
Each day of this retreat offers both educational sessions and hands-on workshops on the benefits of movement, meditation, yoga, and conscious communication.
In this program, you will
- Learn the latest research
- Demystify medications
- Discover what you need to know about exercise and nutrition
- Learn how yoga and meditation can improve the quality of life
- Enjoy yoga, dance and movement classes, and outdoor activities
- Share and learn from each other in daily care partners breakout groups
- Develop new skills for managing stress and self-care
- Meet and connect with others living with Parkinson’s.
The sessions cover the latest information on Parkinson’s research as well as medication and lifestyle changes that can affect the course of the disease, improve quality of life, and support personal relationships. Join us as we explore how to live as fully as possible in a unique community of others facing the same challenges.
Note We currently offer two programs:
- For people living with Parkinson’s for more than five years, and who meet the mobility requirements.
- Specially designed for people diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease within the last five years, and who meet the mobility requirements.
To find out more, please contact the National Parkinson Foundation at 800.4PD.INFO (800.473.4636) or email@example.com.
To find out if you qualify for this program or for more information, please contact:
National Parkinson Foundation