Detoxification is a natural body process that is compromised when our system becomes overloaded from a variety of causes that include poor diet, allergies, stress, infections, and toxins such as heavy metals. In this cutting-edge program taught by expert nutritionists, you learn the science behind detox as you experience an integrated approach to cleansing the body.
In this program, you
- Enjoy a nutritionally balanced detox diet plan
- Learn the five common causes of toxic overload and how stress impacts digestion and detoxification
- Explore the essential elements of a science-based detoxification diet, including critical nutrients that support toxin removal
- Get answers to questions on detox topics that include organic, raw foods; acid-base balance; water needs; detox supplements; exercise; skin brushing; and sauna
- Discover how to create a sustainable detox kitchen and learn culinary nutrition tips
- Explore yoga postures that assist the detox process
- Take walks and hikes through the beautiful Berkshires
- Learn strategies for dealing with emotional detox.
This program is ideal for people
- Who have symptoms that can be improved by a detox program, including headaches, brain fog/poor concentration, fatigue, joint pain, muscle aches and pain, and skin problems such as acne or eczema
- Interested in learning about the latest science and research on detoxification
- Interested in an integrated body, mind, and spiritual approach to removing toxins.
Recommendations (additional fees apply):
- Nutritional Consultation
- Kripalu Meditative Massage
Please reserve early as appointments are limited. Find out more about these sessions on Kripalu’s Healing Arts pages or call 888.738.1822 to make an appointment.
The Berkshire Health Systems designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 9.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Massachusetts Medical Society for Continuing Education through the joint sponsorship of Berkshire Health Systems and Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health. The Berkshire Healthy Systems is accredited by the Massachusetts Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Please note There is a $75 charge for CMEs.
This program is eligible for
- 25.5 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $30 additional charge
- 25 credits for Registered Nurses (NURS), $30 additional charge
- 25.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge
- 9.5 credits for Physicians (MD/DO), $75 additional charge.