Ultimate self-care involves a resilient response to life’s stressors. Stress can diminish us physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, causing suffering and illness. Meditation and mind-body practices offer an effective way to manage stress and transform it into creative energy.
This workshop addresses the challenge of making sustainable lifestyle changes and provides the scientific knowledge and skills to support those healthy changes. Integrative physician Susan Lord uses a small-group format to help you uncover personal issues that trigger your stress response.
- The science behind the stress response and how to elicit its antidote: the relaxation response
- A variety of simple mind-body modalities, including meditation, drawing, movement, and writing exercises to recognize and transform stress
- The seven steps of mindful living to change old patterns of thought and behavior
- A personalized plan to create a balanced, rewarding, and sustainable lifestyle when you return home.
Explore new ways to nourish your mind, body, and spirit in this deeply nurturing experience of self-discovery.
Recommendations (additional fees apply):
- Add on a private Nutritional Consultation
- Relieve stress with a relaxing Kripalu Massage.
Please reserve early as appointments are limited. Find out more about these sessions on Kripalu’s Healing Arts pages or call 888.738.1822 to make an appointment.
- 22 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $30 additional charge
- 22 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge